WEDNESDAY, NOV. 6 | 9AM – 5PM
Intentional Design Ops for Delivering Maximum Value
Design Ops Leader
Consultant and Coach
Who is this for
If you are in the early stages of implementing design operations practice in your organizations, this workshop will teach you both a broad and flexible definition of design operations as well as tangible activities for how to start.
What you’ll learn
- How to create a plan and execute DesignOps for managing teams—from recruitment through promotion and even off-boarding
- How to develop assessment criteria to evaluate and select current software for supporting design operations
- How to develop methods for optimizing workflows
- How to integrate DesignOps roles and responsibilities into the wider design organization.
Design Your Design Organization
Co-founder, Adaptive Path
Co-author, Org. Design for Design Orgs.
As the move to establish in-house design teams accelerates, it turns out there’s very little common wisdom on what makes for a successful design organization. In this workshop, Peter Merholz draws from his groundbreaking book Org Design for Design Orgs, and address this lacuna by shining a light on the unsung activities of actually running a design team, the organizational and operational challenges and considerations, and what works and what doesn’t. The workshop will be structured as a facilitated conversation, light on presentation, with activities to get things going.
What you’ll learn
- The importance of (re-)structuring your design organization to deliver the best experience to your users
- A maturity model for assessing just how effective and sophisticated your design organization is
- An understanding of what roles to bring on at what stages of organizational growth
- Management tips for getting the most out of your team
- A clear levels framework that supports designer professional development, and plugs into operations across your design organization
- How to establish a DesignOps practice in your organization